A refrigerator with no power is truly an inconvenience. The lights and fan are not working. The water and ice distributor don’t work. There is no light, no noise, and it has quit running. What are some straightforward troubleshooting steps to discover what has caused this before contacting a Sub Zero appliance repair?
- Check that the fridge power line is completely connected.
- Watch that the electrical switch isn’t stumbled.
- Check the GFCI power source the fridge is connected to and reset if necessary.
- Check for damages on the force line too.
What can make a refrigerator stop worker?
There could be a lot of reasons why your Sub-Zero fridge isn’t working. Some of the common ones are:
- The refrigerator power cord is unexpectedly unplugged
- A tripped circuit breaker
- A blown fuse in the electrical box
- The electrical outlet is damaged
- The electrical outlet has reset (GFCI)
- The fridge has a damaged power cord
- Refrigerator power cord wiring is loose inside it
- Refrigerator interior force parts or segment flaw
Note: It is strongly suggested that a refrigerator is on a devoted 20-amp circuit.
The Importance of Troubleshooting Power Issues
Troubleshooting some power issues is vital to help maintain the refrigerator’s lifespan. It can even save you some money from hiring a Sub Zero refrigerator repair service. Here are a couple of troubleshooting steps that can help you:
- Turn the fridge ON
- Check to guarantee that the power cord is connected to a power source
- Ensure that the circuit breaker isn’t tripped (reset the circuit breaker)
- Replace the circuit whenever the fridge has blown a fuse
- Reset the (GFCI) power plug
- Repair the (GFCI) power plug
- Replace the refrigerator’s power cord if needed
Double Check the Fridge’s Power Cord
Double-checking the refrigerator’s power cord is vital to keep electrical incidents away. To do a thorough check, you must:
- Unplug your fridge from its power source
- Always check the power cord for damages
- Plug the power cord back into an electrical source
- Ensure that the power cord is properly inserted into a power outlet
- Flip the electrical switch to the unit off and afterward on
- If the power cord is discovered to be damaged, it needs a replacement
Faulty Refrigerator Parts
Numerous parts in your fridge can cause issues on the off chance that they malfunction. Refrigerator parts, for example, over-burden switches, indoor regulators, clocks, and fans. On the off chance that any of these segments fall flat, it can make your cooler quit working.
On the off chance that the cooler isn’t running due to a blackout, turn the refrigerator back on once the power comes back. You may have to reset the GFCI outlet or turn the cooler switch back to ON to get the fridge running once more. You may have to examine a portion of the substance of the refrigerator to be certain it is protected.
So with that being said, do contact Sub-Zero Appliance Repair and experience our Sub Zero wine cooler repair, along with our general repair services! Our highly-trained technicians will certainly make the results worthwhile!