Freezers need to be at a certain temperature to preserve food inside. If there is an unsteady temperature, it could affect the food, and you’ll end up with spoiled food. Therefore, you need Sub-Zero Appliance Repair in Brooklyn to help you fix the problem. But it’s also good to know how to fix inconsistent temperatures.
Although you availed of a Sub-zero freezer repair service from Sub-Zero Appliance Repair in Brooklyn, it won’t hurt to diagnose the problem yourself and know preventive measures while waiting for help to arrive. We listed a few tips to help you fix the temperature on your Sub Zero freezer.
Temperature fluctuations are normal in all refrigeration systems. The only difference brands have, is the quality of the products they make. If you choose a reliable and reputable brand like Sub Zero, you won’t have any trouble with temperature fluctuations because the controls can regulate the temperature. But, it does not mean you can avoid inconsistent temperatures.
The freezer’s sensors cause changing temperatures. When the sensor detects a slight change to the temperature, it adjusts until it reaches the right temperature. If the temperature becomes too high, it lowers it again. So, don’t get too worked up with the changing temperature.
But, if you notice that the rise and fall of the temperature are unusual, you need to have it checked out. Check out why your temperatures are inconsistent and how you can fix the problem:
Check if your vents are blocked.
- A blocked vent prevents air circulation, affecting your freezer’s internal temperature. Ensure you can find no blockages on your vent and clear food items that block it. This way, you can ensure airflow throughout your freezer.
You might have adjusted the temperature settings.
- Maybe you forgot that you adjusted your temperature settings, which is why your temperature malfunctions. So, check your controls and set the temperature correctly to prevent damage and food spoilage.
You might frequently be opening and closing the door.
- Avoid opening and closing your freezer multiple times a day. Make a list of what you need or organize your freezer to easily access them. If you always open and close your freezer, cold air escapes more frequently, and you’ll have inconsistent temperatures, frost, and spoiled food.
You have a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Your thermostat sends a signal to the main control board of your freezer. If the thermostat is malfunctioning and cannot detect the right temperature, your temperature might rise and fall inconsistently. Ensure that your thermostat is working properly, and if not, immediately get help from expert technicians to avoid further damage.
Your compressor coils are dirty.
- Compressor coils need to be cleaned to avoid them overheating. If the coils overheat, the temperature in your freezer could also change.
Here is what you can do to clean your coils:
- Ensure that the freezer is unplugged before cleaning.
- Move your freezer away from the walls to give yourself enough room to work on your coils.
- Vacuum your coils to get rid of dirt and dust.
- Use a paintbrush to get in harder-to-reach areas of your coils.
- Place back the freezer once you’re happy with the outcome.
- Turn on your freezer.
Now that you know what causes the temperature fluctuations, you can avoid Sub-Zero common problems and fix current problems to prevent major temperature changes that could affect your freezer’s temperature.
Who Started Sub Zero?
Sub Zero has been in the appliance market since 1945. It was founded by Westye F. Bakke, who created his first freestanding freezer from scrap materials in his basement. Later on, this project became a multi-million dollar company and partnered with some of the world’s biggest brands to cater to individuals who want a whole new experience in cooking, cleaning, and food preservation.
Today, Sub Zero has partnered with Wolf and Cove to deliver quality kitchen appliances and give professional chefs, and home cooks the luxury kitchen and experience they need. The company changed the way people prepared food and made each moment in the kitchen a wonderful experience.
Sub Zero Freezer: Is It Worth It?
Freezers are essential appliances if you have plenty of food to be preserved. Sub Zero is known to create quality freezers and other refrigeration systems that make cooking and food preservation easier. So, if you have plenty of food to preserve, if you love to stock up on grocery items to prevent frequent travels to the store, then a freezer is a good investment. If you choose a Sub Zero freezer, you are ensured to use it for years to come.
At Sub Zero Appliance Repair, you won’t have to worry about your freezer’s functionality and performance. We’ll take care of your freezer and have it working flawlessly once again. So, give us a call today!